Senior support worker - Desborough
Hours: 37 hours per week - Day Shifts
Rates: £11.37 plus enhancements at the weekend.
Opus, on behalf of North Northampton Council, is looking to recruit a senior support worker. Working through Opus, you will offer support to our care home in Desborough. You will be responsible for the day-to-day provision of a safe and comfortable environment from which the service can operate for the customers.
You will be looking after a team of carers, who will be assigned to the unit you will be working on. Staff training and supervisions will be part of your role, along with assessments and updates of the customers care plan so their needs are always met and the care plans are current.
- To oversee the assessment and preparation of individual team plans.
- Administering medication and completing the MAR charts correctly.
- To review and update customers care plans to ensure the care plan is meeting the customer's needs.
- To manage a team of staff and take responsibility for their induction training and continuous development.
- To actively promote the customer's voice in the provision of their service.
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons.
- To carry out any other duties that fall within the broad spirit, scope, and purpose of this job description.
The skills and qualities we look for include:
- A level 3 in health and social care or equivalent.
- Proven experience of providing support to people in a residential setting.
- Good verbal, written, numeracy and computer skills.
- To be able to supervise staff and carry out regular supervisions.
- Good organisational skills, with the initiative to prioritise your own and others work.
- Ability to work in, and to develop a team.
In return for your commitment we offer:
- Free training
- Holiday entitlement accrued while working
- Flexible working hours
- Opus candidates are first to hear of any vacancies we have
- Opportunity to apply for permanent positions as an 'internal candidate'