Support Workers/Care Assistants Required
Start Date: Asap
Temp and Perm roles are available.
Hours: There are a variety of hours and shifts to suit you.
Rates: Day rates start at £12.38ph.
Night rates start at £16.47ph.
Enhanced rates for weekend and bank holidays.
About the Role:
We are a new supported living service which forms part of a larger group. We provide Short Breaks and Supported Living services for adults with a learning disability. Our aim is to support and empower service users to enhance their quality of life, maximise potential and to continue to develop and promote independence skills within their own homes, in the short break service and in the community.
Six months experience required; training and DBS checks will be provided.
Opus, on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council are looking to recruit temporary support workers/care assistants. Working through Opus, you will offer support to people with personal care tasks and have a willingness and capacity to work with people who may challenge.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, enthusiastic, creative, and will always enjoy going the extra mile to accommodate the needs of every individual.
Hours are on a shift basis (7am-3pm/3pm-10pm/10pm-7am). Generous enhancements are paid for working unsocial hours i.e., weekends and bank holidays.
- To provide a personal care and support service, delivered in accordance with the agreed care plan and the appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ensure clear, concise, and accurate records are kept of all care and support provided.
- Always being aware of health and safety and following the risk assessments to ensure is met and report any concerns to manager, team leaders and seniors.
- Other duties to be undertaken include may include tasks such as one to one care, medication administration as per GP's instructions and after the appropriate training.
- To ensure safeguarding concerns are identified and reported to management team.
- Work within a team environment providing excellent care and support.
The skills and qualities we look for include:
- A sensitive and tactful approach.
- A natural desire to help improve people's lives.
- Patience, empathy, and a good sense of humour.
- Reliability, dedication, and a flexible approach to work
- The ability to remain calm and focused even under pressure.
- Respect for others, a friendly personality, and a real passion for helping people.
In return for your commitment, we offer:
- Free training.
- Holiday entitlement accrued while working.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opus candidates hear about jobs first.
- Opportunity to apply for permanent positions as an 'internal candidate'.