Opus Teach is a supply agency based in Ipswich, which is wholly owned by Suffolk County Council. We are currently recruiting for a HR officer / Head Teachers PA to work with in one of our partnered schools in Bury St Edmunds.
General Duties: HR Officer
- To manage, process and maintain all aspects of Human Resources and administrative paperwork.
- To arrange agency supply cover.
- Ensure staff absence is managed and recorded in line with BEST polices ensuring personnel database is maintained and appropriate records are passed to Payroll in a timely manner.
- Ensure that line managers meet with members of staff to complete return to work meetings following a period of absence.
General Duties: PA to the Headteacher
- To provide confidential administrative support to headteacher.
- Organise the Headteacher's diary and arrange appointments as and when required.
- To deal with electronic mail, both incoming and outgoing, in a secure/confidential manner.
- Attend and take minutes at confidential meetings/hearings as requested by the Headteacher.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 8.30 - 16.00.
Wednesday: 8.30 - 16.30
Friday: 8.30 - 15.30
Start date: September
Duration: Until October/December via Opus Teach.
However, you will have the opportunity to apply for the permeant position directly with the school, should you wish.
You will NEED:
- Demonstrable experience in Administration
- Excellent communication and IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- A good understanding of school structure
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- High levels of self-motivation and a positive approach
- An up-to-date enhanced DBS, or on the understanding you will need to apply for one
- Suitable professional references from previous employment
For a conversation about the role, please do give Opus Teach a call