Housing Options Advisor required for immediate contract.
Opus People Solutions have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Options Advisor to join North Northamptonshire Council on an initial 3 month contract.
This exciting opportunity is a hybrid role which requires you to work 2/3 days in the office.
As a Housing Options Advisor you will
- Provide advice and assistance to customers on housing options in order to prevent homelessness and minimise housing need
- Find solutions to customers' housing problems tailored to their individual needs
- Provide advice and assistance to housing applicants using Keyways, the Council's choice based allocations scheme
- Carry out investigations and assess homelessness applications in accordance with Part VII of the Housing Act 1996.
- Assist in the delivery of the Homelessness Strategy.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of cross-cutting initiatives, in line with the Council's "One Team" philosophy.
The successful candidate must have:
- Previous Housing experience
- Good knowledge of Housing Laws and legalities
- Experience of managing and prioritising own workload, and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and interviewing skills
- Well-developed and wide- ranging negotiating and problem solving skills
- Ability to successfully operate in a multi-disciplinary and multi-functional environment
- Full driving licence and access to a car for work or ability to travel within the Borough
An enhanced DBS is required for this role
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply now!