Opus People Solutions on behalf of West Northamptonshire Council are looking for a Customer Service Adviser on an initial temporary basis for 12 weeks- perm role subject to performance.
This is a full-time role, based at One Angel Square and requiring an immediate start.
Main Duties are as follows:
- To resolve at least 80% of customer queries by telephone and email, only forwarding / escalating to others in exceptional circumstances.
- To assess, analyse, interpret and record customer needs using appropriate skills and technology, to enable customer issues to be resolved and a database of customer needs and contact to be developed
- To resolve complaints/concerns at the first point of contact, where possible, minimising the need to escalate to the Customer Feedback Team for investigation.
- To continuously seek to improve the service offered to customers, proactively interpreting customer needs and suggesting improvements to service delivery
- To monitor and assess personal performance against targets, seeking support as necessary in order to deliver Customer Service Centre KPIs
- To share knowledge and information with colleagues, contributing to the team's ability to deliver continuous performance improvements
- To ensure customers are regularly updated on the progress of their enquiry or service request as agreed at point of contact (where applicable).
- To be proficient in the use of all technology deployed in the Customer Service Centre to help facilitate an excellent customer experience
- To demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people's behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the department.
- To carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post
What we can offer you:
- Holiday entitlement accrued while working
- Pension contribution from employer
- Flexible working hours
- Opus candidates hear about jobs first
- Opportunity to apply for permanent positions as an 'internal candidate'
- Gain experience to support permanent applications