We are thrilled to be working with a leading logistics business who are looking to recruit a trainee import clerk to join their team. Ideally we are looking for someone with 6 month experience, however will consider trainee's for this role if you can show drive and desire to be in logistics. We will also consider A Level leavers who have worked within retal.
This business has a great benefits scheme, and is located on the outskirts of Ipswich. This role also has great progression within the Shipping/Logistics/Freight Forwarding/Supply Chain space. You will be trained and given great insight into the sector, which will benefit you long term.
Duties for Trainee Import Clerk:
- Deal with incoming shipments
- Processing shipping documentation
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all shipping activities on system
- Liaise with clients and answer questions and queries
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve any issues
- Follow safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Previous experience in a shipping and receiving role preferred, ideally 6 months plus. If you have no experience but can show drive, training will be given
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and requirements may be subject to change based on organizational needs.