Back to jobs
Family Safeguarding Team
Peterborough City Council
- To manage the overall decision making, planning and delivery of services to service users and their families.
- To manage the service and a team of staff within the legislative and procedural framework of Peterborough City Council. Service Manager Team Manager 8 direct reports
- To manage the allocated budget of the service and team for which the Manager is responsible.
- To manage the development of strategic policy and procedures within the Departmental Business planning processes.
- To manage Children's Social Care within a Performance Management Framework that supports the priorities of the Service, Department and Council.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To support staff to work collaboratively and sensitively with service users and their families and where necessary manage the complaints process.
- To be responsible for the allocation of work and implementation of Service delivery in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy, and procedures for the service.
- To review services, and make recommendations for service improvement, policy development and operational standards.
- To manage the supervision, annual Appraisal, personal development and career progression of individual team members including capability and disciplinary matters in accordance with PCC policies and procedures.
- To engage in regular supervision and annual appraisal with the Service Manager.
- To be responsible for staff compliance with Legislation, National Regulations, Standards and guidance and PCC policies and procedures.
- To manage and monitor a range of delegated budgets assigned to the post.
- To manage workforce planning, recruitment and induction of staff.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records safely and confidentially in accordance with the Authority's policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for the collection and analysis of performance management information and to manage this information effectively to achieve the Departments objectives, and targets for improvement.
- To manage the Service plans and be responsible for effectively communicating strategic planning and decisions to staff through the communication strategy and team meetings.
- To be responsible for identifying, assessing and managing risk to service users, employees, the organisation and resources arising from the work delivered by the service.
- To ensure staff they are responsible for fulfil the requirements of registration with the GSCC in respect of conduct, professional development and National Occupational Standards.
- Develop effective partnership working with colleagues in related teams/agencies both in terms of providing effective responses to service user's needs and the development of integrated services to fulfil the Every Child Matters Agenda.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy and other policies designed to protect employees and service users from harassment. It is the duty of the post holder not to act in a prejudicial or discriminatory manner towards employees or service users. The post holder should counteract such practice or behaviour by challenging or reporting it.
- To comply with all Health & Safety at work requirements as laid down by the Employer.