Senior Data Analyst (Net Zero)
Homebased with travel for team meetings (London - Once per month) and to meet clients/stakeholders.
Salary: £46,500-£50,600 per annum
Job Type: Full time 37 Hours per week 31st March 2025 Fixed Term Contract - extension subject to future funding
Are you looking to make a career move that matters? Help us pave the way towards a sustainable future! We Want You. The Greater South East Net Zero Hub at Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Data Analyst Net Zero to join the team.
What is the role? You will report into the Data and Information Manager and will work in the Net Zero team. Project Managers and officers in this team develop local energy, public sector decarbonisation and net zero projects working with local authorities and public sector stakeholders. The projects are often early-stage feasibility through to business case with the objective of providing support to investable projects.
The Senior Data Analyst will have one direct report (Data Analyst).
Strategic - working with the team and programme leads to provide data and information to support planning and development of new programmes of work e.g. scoping projects, resource plans and budgets.
Leading on the procurement of digital tools to support the delivery of projects within the Hub and public sector stakeholder, identifying suppliers/innovators, managing frameworks, and promoting use cases to stakeholders.
The postholder will support the project team providing analytical support for project development this will include analysis of data from clients (building performance, transport, heat, energy data), design and analysis of survey data, using existing modelling tools (such as Ongen & PVSyst), development of in-house project modelling tools and models to analyse financial and operational data.
You will be required to interpret and present data to a wide range of audiences for varying purposes and undertake analysis for reporting purposes.
What will you need?
- Graduate / masters level qualification in a statistical or information related subject, or appropriate level of work experience
- Previous experience of working with building performance and energy data
- Extensive knowledge of databases and other PC tools to manipulate analyse and present information such as Excel, Power BI, Tableau
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques and the ability to carry out data quality control and validation
- Experience of setting up and maintaining automated data processes
- Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques to produce clear outputs and recommendations including graphical representations and data visualisations with attention to detail
- Experience of supporting major projects, in either the public or private sector
- Understanding of non-domestic retrofit and the delivery of energy projects, transport decarbonisation and renewable energy and storage
- Knowledge of public sector procurement and decision-making processes
- Membership of a relevant institute e.g. CIBSE, Energy Institute
- Technical knowledge of a coding language (e.g. Python); MS Azure; GIS Tools would be advantageous, but not essential
- Previous experience of working with public sector databases and data sets would be useful, but not essential
- Knowledge of financial modelling would be advantageous, but not essential
What can we offer?
- Annual leave 34- 39 days including bank holidays (Length of service)
- Competitive salary and Local Government Pension
- Comprehensive wellbeing package includes access to 24/7 employee assistance programme, mental health first aiders and monthly Mental Health & Wellbeing Meetings
- Family friendly policies, including flexible working and parental leave
- Access to the Cycle2Work scheme
- Payment of professional subscription fees relevant to your role (one per year, after passing your probation)
- Learning and Development opportunities to support your career progression
- Benefits Provider: we offer a range of Benefits through Vivup
It is an exciting time for GSENZH and the CPCA.
What are you waiting for? Ignite your passion for a Greener future.