Title: Senior Building Control Surveyor
Rate: £19.84 - £22.03
Location: Peterborough - Hybrid subject to location
Type: Temporary 12 weeks
Opus People Solutions are working with Peterborough City Council to recruit for a temporary Senior Building Control Surveyor o deliver high quality services in line wit national quality standards and best practice, statutory obligations and organisational objectives though;
- proactive engagement with commercial clients to support income generation.
- effectively engage with clients throughout the building control process to advise, inspect work and ensure all decisions and actions comply with Council policy, legislation, and regulations.
- achieving customer satisfaction levels in line with national standards and best practice, to meet customer, partner, organisational and statutory requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively engage with site management, builders, external partners and applicants and Council staff at all stages of the building control process, to offer advice and ensure that all decisions and actions comply with the Council's policies, the requirements of the Building Regulations and/or associated legislation and regulations.
- Carry out appropriate inspections of building work to ensure conformity with all appropriate regulatory requirements, working alone during all weathers, at heights with limited access arrangements and inspection of new and existing foul and surface water installations.
- Provide 24 hour telephone/callout service giving advice and instructions on matters involving demolition/dangerous buildings to the emergency services, building owners and members of the public. Undertake safety inspections of grandstands etc in line with legislation and provide advice to the emergency services and other the City Council departments and the Licensing Committee, with regard to licensed entertainment and sporting events held on both private and Council owned sites.
For more info on this role please call 01473 558914