Resettlement and Refugee Support Officer
Do you have experience working with vulnerable people?
Are you someone who likes making a difference?
Opus People Solutions are recruiting on behalf of North Northamptonshire Council for a Resettlement and Refugee Support Officer to work with in the Communities & Wellbeing team and provide effective integration and orientation support to families on resettlement and relocation schemes from Ukraine across North Northamptonshire
You will provide emotional support and be an active participant within the service, ensuring that individual and families resettled or hosted in the UK who may have complex needs receive targeted advice and assistance regarding their situation to enable them to live independently, understand their rights and adapt to life in the UK.
- To provide support to refugees assisting with issues around finances, health, housing, life skills, personal safety, legal/family reunification issues, parenting, and employment.
- To undertake practical support with clients to promote sustainable independent living.
- To develop effective individual support packages by completing needs assessments, support plans and support reviews. This will include regular home visits and support at appointments to achieve support objectives.
- To support clients in making plans for their future, e.g., accessing training or education, work experience or voluntary opportunities.
- To support clients to overcome barriers causing social isolation, encouraging access to community groups and recreational facilities.
- To act as a point of contact for vulnerable families and liaise with other service areas and agencies on their behalf where necessary.
- To make appropriate referrals to external services, specialist agencies and individual needs and that any additional needs are met.
- To work with clients to obtain income through benefit uptake, accessing employment and charity applications for items needed.
- 37 hours per week
- Flexible hours between 07:30am-6:30pm
- Office location- Kettering, Sheerness House
- 5 minutes from City Centre
- Free Parking
- ASAP start initially for 6 months
If you would like to be considered for the role, please apply online now.