Job Title: Public Health Development Officer
Pay Rate: £20 per hour (negotiable)
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Work Location: Walsall Council
Work Mode: Hybrid
Assignment Duration: 6 months
About the Role:
As a Public Health Development Officer, you will play a pivotal role in championing health and wellbeing initiatives across Walsall. Your responsibilities will encompass providing leadership and advocacy, supporting the formulation and execution of strategies to alleviate health inequalities, and enhancing outcomes for our residents.
- Lead initiatives outlined in the Public Health Work Plan, with a focus on program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Manage NHS Health Checks and Tobacco Control Projects, ensuring effective delivery and impact.
- Analyse data, draw insightful conclusions, and prepare comprehensive reports to inform decision-making.
- Deputise for the Senior Public Health Development Manager as required, demonstrating adept leadership and decision-making skills.
- Collaborate closely with local communities to foster sustained behaviour change and address key determinants of wellbeing.
- Contribute actively to departmental priorities, aligning efforts with local frameworks to drive tangible improvements in outcomes.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience in public health management, particularly in NHS health checks and/or tobacco control initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership acumen, with a track record of spearheading positive change in public health settings.
- Exceptional communication skills, encompassing both written and verbal proficiency, enabling effective engagement with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong analytical capabilities, adept at evaluating intricate data and research evidence to facilitate informed decision-making.
Join us in shaping the future of public health in Walsall!