Title: Property Assurance and Complaince Officer
Rate: £19.04- £20.36 per hour
Type: Temporary - until April 2024
Location: Hybrid- West Northamptonshire Council | One Angel Square | Angel Street | Northampton | NN1 1ED
Opus People Solutions are working with West Northamptonshire Council to recruit for a temporary Property Assurance Complaince Officer to engage with schools around the West Northampton area to audit their complaince and documentation around lifts, water, asbestos, and fire. The Council would also like to lean on the chosen candidate's industry expertise to underline ways of improving their process within this remit.
- Able to engage with property users especially schools to audit their statutory compliance under the direction from the Assurance, Compliance and Condition Manager.
- Ability to attend sites where required to review documentation.
- Have an understanding of property related statutory and best practice requirements i.e. lifts, water, asbestos, fire, radon etc.
- Able to establish and maintain a good rapport and professional relationship with colleagues, senior managers, and schools.
- Able to use computerised facilities management systems or is very good using excel, PDF's and word.
- Able to structure clear concise reports/documents.
- Be able to provide clear concise advice on statutory building related matters.
- History of mechanical and electrical expereince
- Assessment reviews
- Complaince and assurance
- Technically minded
- Asbestos survey experience
The chose candidate will need to be based around the Northampton area to be able to travel to local schools to complete the necessary checks. This opportunity offers great flexibility with office presents and can also offer great training in public sector protocols within assets and environment. For more information on this role please contact 01473 558914.