Opus People Solutions on behalf of West Northamptonshire Council are looking for a Porter/Cleaner on an initial temporary basis o to undertake general portering and cleaning duties within the Guildhall.
Working hours are Monday-Friday- 9am-5pm and the position is initially for one month with the possibility for it to be extended.
Main duties as follows:
- To undertake general cleaning duties such as sweeping, washing and polishing of floors, vacuuming and dusting. To include responsibility for the cleaning of toilets, cloak rooms and dressing room
- To undertake confidential waste, rubbish and recycling collections.
- To undertake annual deep cleaning of high level lighting, polishing of silver and brass, stripping and polishing of wooden floors and cleaning the tiles in the toilet blocks.
- To undertake the moving of office furniture as agreed by the your line Manager in accordance with Manual Handling
- To prepare the function rooms within The Guildhall and events, which includes, setting out furniture, laying out the red carpet, erecting the star cloth, putting on chair covers and sashes, setting up AV equipment, the making of teas, coffees etc. working to written instruction from your line Manager and the client if necessary
- To meet and greet guests at functions and weddings, provide a cloakroom service and operate the equipment so that music can be played.
- To store and undertake regular stock checks of linen, crockery, jugs and glasses.
- To move parcels and heavy goods received by the Post Room in accordance with Manual Handling
- To ensure that the exterior areas of Guildhall, and any other civic buildings are clean and tidy to include a daily safety check and report any faults to your line Manager
- To act as Fire Marshal and assist with the Fire Evacuation procedure within The Guildhall and other Civic Buildings
- To be aware and familiar of COSHH regulations
- To work one Saturday in 6
The ideal candidate must maintain a flexible approach to work and be able to offer suitable cover when required, often at short notice. They must also undertake any other duties commensurate with the position as designated by the line manager.
For more information and to process your application, please apply online now!