Part Time Temporary Contracts Officer Required!
Do you have previous experience within Revenue & Benefits?
Are you looking for your next interim role?
In need of a better work life balance? We have a Revenues & Benefits Contract Officer position available 3 days a week!
Opus People Solutions are currently recruiting on behalf of Peterborough City Council for a Temporary position as Contract Officer within Revenue and Benefits.
You will be part of a team that team that picks up elements of the revenue and benefits function that have been retained in house within the council.
As a Revenues & Benefits Contract Officer you will be responsible for
- Provision of information to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) as required for benefit claims. Including, copying and sending all relevant documents as requested, using the Anite system, and using judgement for relevant information (changes in circumstances etc).
- Updating referral documents and Peterborough City Council records/ spreadsheets etc.
- Deal with requests for authorisation of Administrative Penalties following investigations.
- Ensure claims are reassessed after investigations and notify DWP of overpayments as a result and deal with requests under the DPA that need to go to other departments.
- To work with Client Officers in the provision of the quality control function for Housing / Council Tax Benefit and Council Tax.
- To assist with client side (PCC) expertise and knowledge in the checking of benefit claims and Council Tax amendments, and to scrutinise the processing of claims that have been undertaken by the partner
- Administration/ award of Discretionary Housing Payments (DHPs)
- Undertake other ad-hoc tasks as directed.
The successful candiadte will have recent experience in housing benefits or a IRRV qualification.
Working hours can be spread over 5 days as well as the role being fully remote if required.
To process your application please apply now!