Opus People Solutions are recruiting on behalf of Peterborough City Council for a part time Kitchen Assistant to assist the Cook in the production of balanced, nutritious, and well-presented range of foods in a secure home setting.
As a Kitchen Assistant you will be required to assist and produce a range of food, snacks and beverages for the home, maintain an awareness of the specific needs of individuals, prepare drinks trays for meetings and events held at the home and maintain health and safety standards.
You will be assisted by the Business Support Co-ordinator in taking responsibility for high standards of hygiene, maintaining the cleanliness of all kitchen areas and food equipment. This will include the execution of cleaning schedules.
The successful candidate will have a flexible approach to working hours and schedules and be a confident team player.
DBS and referencing will need to be completed prior to start date.
- Location- Peterborough PE6 7AW
- Hours between 9:30am-6:30pm
- ASAP start on an initial temporary basis
What can we offer you:
- Holiday entitlement accrued while working
- Pension contribution from employer
- Opus candidates hear about jobs first
- Opportunity to apply for permanent positions as an 'internal candidate'
- Gain experience to support permanent applications
For more information or to process your application please apply now!