Opus People Solutions are seeking an IT Business Analyst on a 6 month fixed term contract in Milton Keynes. This contract is likely to be extended between 12-18 months.
You will work with clients to understand their IT business needs and problems in order to identify and evaluate relevant technical solutions.
Once a solution has been decided you will work with both the business area and the supplier to ensure technical designs are complete, consistent, in line with the technical environment, IT strategy and standards and assure the realisation of business benefits, exploiting current capabilities and considering whole-life costs.
- To work with Clients to investigate & understand their requirements. This will involve (but is not restricted to) kick off meetings, identifying stakeholders, data gathering and analysis, understanding the business process.
- Assisting clients to construct a business case.
- To be able to match the identified business needs to the Plan and IT Strategy.
- To document the requirements gathered and to produce a recommendation on the best way to support the identified needs.
- Manage a technical project using a matrix resource pool.
- Identifying the IT resources required to deliver the agreed solution and to work with IT team leaders to estimate the resource time required.
- Develop and agree a plan for delivery of the selected solution.
- Communication of the plan and progress to the project board and IT senior management.
- Development of Test Plans based on the identified requirement and business sign off.
- Management of Project Change - Using published change management processes.
- 3 years relevant experience
- Full Driving Licence
- Knowledge and experience of business analysis techniques
- Experience of requirements analysis and specification
- Able to communicate effectively with business clients
- An IT Technical Background and experience of Office 365 products
- An appreciation of the benefits and constraints of using cloud based systems
- Able to multi task and prioritise large workloads within tight deadlines.
- The role will be site based at Civic but homeworking is encouraged for at least one day a week
- An ability to identify, analyse and score risks
- Proven analysis and management of project issues
For further information, please apply today!