Title: ICT End User Device Support Assistant
Rate: £17- £20 per hour
Location: Sand Martin House Bittern Way, Peterborough PE2 8TY#
Type: Temporary 8 weeks
Company: Peterborough City Council
Opus People Solutions are working with Peterborough City Council to recruit for an IT support assistant to work on a short-term temp contact to help set up PCC colleagues on their new IT system. Full training will be provided however the ideal candidate will have expereince in system support a customer service.
- Diagnose and resolve complex problems and incidents, remote diagnostic software, or site/home visits in accordance with agreed technical operating procedures, PCC IT security policies and O/SLAs
- Provide comprehensive hardware rebuild / installation / upgrade service to ensure and changed cause minimum disruption to production services and follow agreed standards
- Provide comprehensive software packaging/installation/distribution service to ensure any changes cause minimum disruption to production services and follow agreed standards.
- Manage the progress of all requests and work packages assigned to the User Device & 2nd Line Support Team to ensure effective resolution. Ensure all such activity is logged on the Helpdesk System effectively and that clients and project managers remain informed of progress.
- Implement new IT technologies in line with the requirements of the IT Strategy, by involvement in pilot projects and testing when required. To include PC hardware, peripherals and end user device and office systems software.
- Carry out testing of new PCC standard software (packages and builds) to ensure acceptance into production, identifying and feeding back any issues and ensuring that they are resolved before roll out across PCC.
- Plan, schedule and monitor own workload, to ensure that priorities are met and disruption to users is minimised, keeping incidents within PCC SLA agreed levels to meet performance indicators.
- Support the End User Device Team Leader in the introduction and development of new technical and operating procedures throughout the team.
- Maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of all corporate products, end user hardware and software configurations and the PCC IT technical infrastructure in order to provide a comprehensive support service.
For more information please call 01473 558914.