Opus People Solutions on behalf of West Northampton County Council are recruiting for a Housing Options Manager to join their team on a temporary contract for 9 months, starting ASAP.
The candidate will be working across two housing options teams across the rural areas of West Northants. You will be directly responsible for 3 team leaders and manage two rural housing teams. Require a candidate who has extensive experience in delivering a homelessness and housing options service and has a full understanding of Homelessness legislation.
You will need to be flexible in their working arrangements, and be able to come into the officer in-person. Although this will not be a daily expectation, you will be expected to be 2 days a week minimum onsite (1 day with the Towcester team and 1 day with the Daventry team).
Duties and responsibilities:
* To lead, manage and motivate the housing solutions and homelessness teams and work with the team leaders to develop a team of officers responsible for the Councils housing options and allocations functions in accordance with all relevant legislation, regulations and policies.
* Lead on the Councils approach to homelessness prevention so that the incidence of homelessness is minimised and positive outcomes are achieved for all households in housing need.
* Ensure the provision of high quality, affordable and accessible temporary accommodation for homeless households making effective use of scarce resources, maximising income, minimising expenditure and provide innovative solution to improve the Council's offer.
* Ensure that the Housing Options Teams offers a customer focused service and that the Council's statutory obligations in relation to Part VII (Homelessness) of the Housing Act, the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, guidance and case law and the Council's policies and procedures are fully discharged. This includes provision of housing advice, homelessness prevention work, the development and ongoing role of personalised housing plans, staff supervision, and monitoring individual caseloads and standards to ensure decisions affecting customers are legal, fair and consistent and can withstand legal challenge.
* Implement, maintain and deliver an effective and professional allocations service through Part VII (Allocation (of Housing).
* Develop and maintain strong operational links with partnership working with a range of external agencies (including Registered Providers, private landlords, letting agents, other statutory bodies & voluntary organisations), representing the Councils at meetings and on working groups, establishing protocols and joint working arrangements to ensure that the housing options service is delivered efficiently and effectively.