Job Title: Homeless Service Manager
Location: Hybrid - With at least the following office use:
- 1 day per week at The Forum, Towcester
- 1 day per week at The Abbey, Daventry
- 1 day per fortnight at One Angel Square, Northampton
Rate of Pay: £37 per hour Umbrella / £28.46 per hour PAYE
Working Hours: Monday to Friday - 37 hours
Type: Temporary assignment for 13 weeks
Opus People Solutions are working with West Northamptonshire Council to recruit for a Homeless Service Manager.
- To provide strong supervision, line management, support and guidance to Housing Options Officers and a Business Support Officer across two sites: The Forum in Towcester and The Abbey in Daventry.
- To ensure that the team complete all duties in line with Part 7 Housing Act 1996, adhering to all relevant guidance, case law, policies and procedures.
- To supervise your team to provide good quality and effective housing and homelessness advice, information and signposting using a full range of housing options.
- Maintain effective working relationships with partner agencies to ensure effective joint working in the delivery of services.
- Complete homelessness reviews where necessary, ensuring that they are conducted in compliance with statutory timescales, regulatory framework and the Homelessness Code of Guidance.
Key personal specifications:
- Expert and detailed knowledge and experience of implementing current homelessness and housing law and practice, including the Housing Act 1996, Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, Homelessness Act 2002, Localism Act 2012, the Homelessness Code of Guidance and relevant case law.
- Strong track record of leading and motivating a high performing Housing Options service with high levels of demand, pressures, and conflicting priorities.
- Specialist knowledge of services offered by other internal and external agencies, including health and social care, social welfare, hosing, employability and drug and alcohol services.
- Proficient use of Housing Jigsaw.
- Proficient use of IT software such as Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience of effective joint working in a multi agency context to resolve complex issues.
- Experience of investigating complaints, and ability to communicate effectively with customers to communicate complex issues clearly and simply in a compassionate way.
- Experience of responding to MP and Councillor enquires and ability to communicate effectively with MPs and Councillors to explain complex information clearly and simply.
- Experience of managing staff in a hybrid way and ability to work from offices throughout West Northamptonshire (In Daventry, Towcester and Northampton) frequently.
- Financial and budgeting skills, ensuring financial processes are being followed effectively to deliver services within defined budgets, including the allocation of temporary accommodation.
- Ability to work to tight timescales and prioritise.
- Ability to work on own initiative and make clear, consistent decisions.
- Flexibility to work outside of working hours and ability to travel and work from various locations where needed.
For more information or to process your application for this role, please apply online now.