Homeless & Housing Solutions Officer required!
Opus people Solutions on behalf of Bromsgrove & Redditch Council are looking for a Homeless & Housing Solutions Officer to join the team on a 3-6-month contract.
This exciting opportunity is a hybrid role and will require you to work in the office at Redditch Council for 2 days per week.
As a Homeless & Housing Solutions Officer your role will include:
- Duty cover both face to face and by telephone
- Assessing and case working homeless applications made to the council, working under homelessness legislation (Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 - 'HRA')
- Offering housing advice to applicants
- Attending meetings where requested
To be considered for this role you must
- Be able to work as part of a team of officers; and remaining flexible to conflicting demand.
- Have strong working knowledge of Part 7 and Part 6 of the Housing Act 1996.
- Be up to date with statutory and case law changes; and staying abreast of local and national issues relating to Homelessness'.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please apply now!