Opus People Solutions on behalf of North Northampton County Council are recruiting for a Development Control Manager to join their team on a temporary contract for 6months, starting in July 2022. You are required to have own laptop whilst working from home with acces to a computer when onsite.
Purpose of the job
- To lead on the Council's statutory Town and Country Planning responsibilities in respect
of determining, controlling, monitoring and enforcing County Matter development planning
applications and permissions relating to the Council's role as minerals and waste planning
- To also undertake a similar role in relation to the Council's own development (regulation 3
development) where this relates to the provision of upper tier services.
- To fulfil the County Council's statutory responsibilities under the Commons Registration
Act in determining applications for registration of common land and village greens.
1. To manage the Council's statutory responsibilities as minerals and waste planning
authority in respect of determining, controlling, monitoring and enforcing development
planning applications and permissions, unauthorised development, to ensure that the
Council is meeting its statutory obligations and performance monitoring targets.
2. To lead on common land and village green registrations and associated matters as the
common land and village green registration authority.
3. To manage responsibilities in relation to the determination of the council's own
development (Regulation 3 development) where this relates to the provision by the
council of upper tier services, such as highways and schools.
4. To be the lead officer in dealing with waste and minerals matters at planning committee
and with elected members in respect of the responsibilities listed under 1-3 above.