Title: Design Engineer
Rate: £350 - £375 per day (umbrella)
Type: Temporary 12 weeks
Location: Hybrid, Fridays working from office, New Shire Hall Alconbury
Company: Cambridgeshire County Council
Opus People Solutions are working with Cambridgeshire County Council to recruit for two Design Engineers to support the Principal Engineer in designing projects that best meet the needs of users and the local community by actively seeking input from local members, key stakeholders, potential users, and the local community, throughout the development and delivery of projects. Ensure the project sponsors are kept informed about progress on the delivery of projects.
- Plan and design local infrastructure projects through the approved service provider, taking full account of design and health and safety matters.
- Prepare scheme designs, monitor progress and expenditure through regular meetings.
- Liaise with colleagues across the directorate and the Council to ensure the service / projects are delivered in the most efficient, effective, and co-ordinated manner.
- Lead multi-agency projects teams.
- Escalate serious problems and disputes, recommending appropriate action.
- Respond and provide advice to the public in relation to scheme progress and design.
- Represent the County Council at meetings, including public meetings.
- Monitor consultants and contractor's performance and delivery of the design programme of local infrastructure projects.
- Consult and liaise with other statutory and local groups to achieve acceptable solutions for all.
- Must have HND or equivalent level 5 qualification in civil engineering.
- Must have at least 5yrs experience working in Highways & Transport in a similar role undertaking highway design activities across traffic calming and maintenance portfolios.
- Must have construction design management experience.
- Must have experience working in a design team either for a consultancy or within a public sector role.
- Must be able to drive and have business insurance/access to a vehicle for site visits.
- Ideally have experience of line managing and developing more junior team members.
- Needs to be a highly competent user of AutoCAD and related design software.
- Ideally holder of the IEng accreditation.
For more information, please contact 01473 558914.