Data Analyst Net Zero
Homebased with travel for team meetings (London - Once per month) and to meet clients/stakeholders.
Salary: £36,648-£40,220 per annum
Job Type: Full time 37 Hours per week 31st March 2025 Fixed Term Contract - extension subject to future funding
Are you looking to make a career move that matters? Help us pave the way towards a sustainable future! We Want You. The Greater South East Net Zero Hub at Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst to join the team.
What is the role? You will report into the Senior Data Analyst (Net Zero) and will support the Net Zero team. This team works on the development of local energy, public sector decarbonisation and net zero projects working with local authorities and public sector stakeholders. The projects are often early stage feasibility through to business case with the objective of providing support to investable projects.
- Set up and manage data/information repositories and sources
- Work with the team on financial, commercial and operational support and analysis
- Undertake project feasibility analysis using data tools, including collating and cleansing data from clients, monitoring data quality and removing corrupt data.
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand data content and business requirements, supporting clients to collate and understand their data.
- Organise and transform data, use mathematical and statistical approaches.
- Collect and analyse data to identify trends, research and develop insights for the team and our stakeholders.
- Develop complex spreadsheets to collect and analyse operational and financial data.
- Use of tools for data visualisation
- Present data and information to a range of audiences
What will you need?
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline, or appropriate level of work experience
- Previous experience of working with energy/net zero project feasibility data
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualisation tools such as Excel, Power BI, Tableau
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques and the ability to carry out data quality control and validation
- Familiarity with relational databases, setting up and maintaining automated data processes
- Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques to produce clear outputs and recommendations including graphical representations and data visualisations with attention to detail
- Working with building performance and energy data
- Knowledge of public sector procurement and decision-making processes
- Technical knowledge of a coding language (e.g. Python); MS Azure; GIS Tools would be advantageous, but not essential
What can we offer?
- Annual leave 34- 39 days including bank holidays (Length of service)
- Competitive salary and Local Government Pension
- Comprehensive wellbeing package includes access to 24/7 employee assistance programme, mental health first aiders and monthly Mental Health & Wellbeing Meetings
- Family friendly policies, including flexible working and parental leave
- Access to the Cycle2Work scheme
- Payment of professional subscription fees relevant to your role (one per year, after passing your probation)
- Learning and Development opportunities to support your career progression
- Benefits Provider: we offer a range of Benefits through Vivup
It is an exciting time for GSENZH and the CPCA.
What are you waiting for? Ignite your passion for a Greener future.