Customer Service Advisors Needed in Ipswich!
Pay: £12.38 per hr, 37 hours per week
Location: Office based only, Ipswich - no hybrid work.
Length: Initially 12 months temporary with opportunity to apply for a permanent position.
Do you like working in a big, vibrant office?
Are you a people person?
Opus People Solutions are sourcing for several Customer Service Advisors to join a large team of qualified professionals who will support and enable Suffolk County Council Customer First to fulfil its statutory duties to vulnerable adults, children and families.
As Customer Service Advisor you will be the first point of contact for social care enquiries relating to Suffolk residents, including adult services, Children and Young People's services and Mental Health referrals. This will include, managing different contact channels (telephone, email, webchat), dealing with a diverse range of individuals with a variety of queries and demands of differing complexity.
Some contacts will be from vulnerable individuals, so successful candidates will be required to have the following attributes:
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service
- The ability to work within a pressurised target driven environment
- Comfortable with dealing with sensitive information
- Passionate about Social Work & delivering
Customer First works as a team to support one another, they work together to ensure a high standard of service is achieved. The team has a variety of individuals within the team at differing stages in their careers so they can support career development opportunities.
You will be offered an in-depth training plan, both online and face-to-face. You will be supported by a mentor throughout the start of employment as well as a direct line manager. Team Leaders will be available at all times should you have any questions.
No day will be the same within this role, you will have to demonstrate strong resilience at times, work to strict deadlines and provide a high quality of service. However, this role will also bring career progression, highly rewarding role, helping make a difference and job satisfaction!
Working hours are Monday - Friday 8 - 4:09, 8:36 - 4:45 & 9:15 - 17:24
Initially 12 weeks temporary with opportunity to apply for a permanent position.
Once you are successful in becoming a permanent member of the team and you will work directly for Suffolk County Council, and you will receive fantastic benefits like:
- Performance related annual pay progression, in addition to an annual cost of living pay increase
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Access to further training, formal qualifications, learning and career progression
- Access to a health cash plan to help to cover costs such dental, optical, physio etc.
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- Tax free bikes through cycle to work scheme
- Up to 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and two paid volunteering days
- Plus many more
Working as Customer Service Advisor you will gain valuable experience working with Adult and Community Service / Children and Young People Services, you will have an amazing opportunity to expand on knowledge, shadow other teams plus training sessions.
If you are looking to develop your career while being supported on the way, this position is for you!
For more information or to process your application please apply now!