Opus People Solutions on behalf of North Northamptonshire are looking for Administrators to carry out clerical, administrative, secretarial services to ensure that internal and external services are maintained and delivered to the required service levels.
This role will support Customer Service Advisors through the effective handling of inbound/outbound correspondence, provision of administrative support, receipt of lower complexity telephone based interactions, decision making on the issue of Disabled Parking Badges and data entry, inputting of adult social care and safeguarding referrals.
- Log all customer queries, in order to ensure all email and post queries are answered appropriately within three working days and expedite outstanding queries. Ensure any social care correspondence is uploaded to Carestore. Receive and make telephone calls where appropriate to customers in relation to their correspondence.
- Ensure all data entry tasks completed within agreed timescales (mainly around
- Adult Social Care and Safeguarding) but to also include general enquiries, street doctor and blue badge enquiries.
- Train other Customer Services Assistants in all aspects of the role, to ensure a high standard of customer service is maintained across the team.
- To share knowledge and information with colleagues, contributing to the team's ability to deliver continuous performance improvements.
- To monitor and assess personal performance against targets, seeking support as necessary in order to deliver Customer Service Centre key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Maintain a continuous improvement culture generating suggestions for new ways of working which lead to a more efficient team
- Demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people's behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the department.
- Carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
- Educated to GCSE level including pass grades in English and Maths.
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant
- A working knowledge of the services provided by the Council
- A customer service background with proven experience of interacting with customers over the telephone and in writing.
- Works independently and as part of a team to schedule work to meet supervisory requirements.
The role is full- time with initial placement for 3 months and possibility to become permanent.
This post is initially based in One Agel Square, however the department will be moving to Kettering around end of May. Ideally we are looking for someone who will be able to work in Kettering as well.
For more information and to process your application, please apply online now.