Hourly rate: £13.69-£14.01
Location: Rainsbrook Rugby CV22 5QQ
Hours: Monday-Friday between 7am-7pm
Opus People Solutions are recruiting on behalf of Rugby Borough Council for a Cremation Technician to work on an ad hoc basis covering sickness and annual leave.
The Cremation Technician will carry out cremations and all associated duties in accordance with strict guidelines and all relevant legislation, whilst maintaining good customer relations and ensuring that the service demonstrates care and respect for its clients and is responsive to their needs.
1) ICCM (Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management) Crematorium Technical Operations Certificate
2) FBCA (Federation of Burial and Cremation Authorities) Certificate of proficiency in the practical and ethical operation of cremation equipment.
* To provide a courteous, dignified, understanding and efficient service to bereaved families and other visitors to Rainsbrook crematorium.
* To operate cremators and ancillary equipment
* To maintain good relationships with clergy, funeral directors, other staff, stakeholders and visitors to the Crematorium.
* To receive mourners and others attending funeral services and provide such assistance as may be required
* To maintain accurate logs for each cremation and to verify identification along with segregation of cremated remains.
* To scatter, strew and inter cremated remains in the presence of the bereaved family.
* To carry out the duties of a Chapel Attendant for every cremation and make the necessary checks prior to cremation, on identification and documentation.
* To undertake the safe operation, minor routine maintenance of cremators and all ancillary equipment.
* To use a computer and computer controlled equipment for recording and operating plant equipment.
* To undertake the correct storage and disposal of cremated remains
* To carry out sexton duties at burials as and when required and all relevant duties associated with a burials.
* To carry out grounds maintenance tasks within the Rainsbrook grounds