Chef - Kingsthorpe
Hours: Temp hours to cover holiday and sickness.
Rates: £12.00 - £13.00 with weekend enhancements
Opus, on behalf of Northamptonshire County, is looking to recruit a temporary chef to work in our care home in the Kingsthorpe area of Northampton.
Our home is a 44-bed care home, and it is a residential care home.
- Prepare meals for residents according to a pre-set menu.
- Be aware of residents needs and dietary preferences.
- Manage food storage, including stock rotation.
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness and infection control.
- Maintain a clean and hazard free kitchen
- Have good time management skills.
The skills and qualities we look for include:
- Knowledge of food preparation.
- Knowledge of food hygiene.
- The ability to remain calm and focused even under pressure
- Respect for others, a friendly personality, and a real passion for helping people.
In return for your commitment, we offer:
- Free training
- Holiday entitlement accrued while working
- Flexible working hours
- Opus candidates hear about jobs first
Opportunity to apply for permanent positions as an 'internal candidate'