Building/Maintenance Surveyor require for an immediate start.
Opus People Solutions on behalf of Bromsgrove and Redditch Council are looking for a Building/Maintenance Surveyor for an initial 3-month contract.
As a Building/Maintenance Surveyor you will be responsible for the delivery of a customer focussed reactive maintenance service, carrying out inspections of void and tenanted properties to agree work specification. The role will include:
- Undertaking feasibility studies and stock condition surveys, and to prepare specifications and schedule of works for possible remedial works.
- Monitoring and supervising contractors to ensure an effective and efficient delivery of work/contract
- Assisting in the identification of properties and schemes requiring future planned maintenance programmes including carrying out stock condition surveys.
- Carrying out pre and post inspections of void properties and prepare detailed schedule of works for contractors
- Carrying out surveys of specialist projects/works and compile information to assist with the preparation of specifications and other contract documents, including measured surveys.
Key skills required
- Must have solid experience working in a building / surveying environment within Social Housing
- HNC/professional qualification in building construction related field and/or related qualification
- Strong knowledge of Building Regulations and compliance.
- Experience of Health and Safety -CDM/Asbestos.
- Experience of managing small projects
Please apply now for more information!