Opus People Solutions have an exciting opportunity for an Arboricultural Officer to join their team at West Northamptonshire Council on an initial 3 month contract for 15 hours per week.
The success candidate will provide professional/technical support and advice for the Planning and Outdoor Environment Management Divisions in dealing with all arboricultural matters relating to service provision and town planning and Regeneration functions of the Council.
As an Arboricultural Officer you will:
- Prepare reports and recommendations in respect of arboricultural matters relating to service provision and the above functions of the Council
- Prepare arboricultural reports and recommendations for applications and regeneration projects
- Prepare appeal statements in defense of the Council's determination of applications and to represent the Council as an expert arboricultural witness at public inquiries and hearings
- Give professional/technical advice on development control and regeneration matters.
- Originate designs and specifications for new and replacement tree planting schemes having regard to working methods and new developments in tree maintenance, including the minimization of future Council maintenance liabilities
- Liaise as necessary with other officers of the Council and give professional arboricultural advice on development, conservation, urban renewal and community safety project
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the position as designated by the Assistant Head of Planning in consultation with the Head of Outdoor Environment Management
If this sounds like the next role for you then please do apply now!