Children in Care - Court Team
£42,882.00 to £44,911.00
Plus £6,000 Welcome Bonus & Benefits
About the role
Children's Services at Northamptonshire are in an exciting period of significant transformation as we move into a Children's Trust which will deliver services for two new unitary authorities across the county.
The Children in Care Team is a team of highly motivated staff who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for children and young people.
Our children in care service provides oversight for all the children in care in Northamptonshire. This includes children subject to legal proceedings as well as children with a plan to remain long term in our care. We focus on building meaningful relationships with young people, their families and their carers to ensure that we plan effectively for the future of every child.
The service has 11 teams that work across the county and focus on particular cohorts of children.
You will be a qualified social worker and have the commitment and passion to be at the forefront of delivering best practice and support to children and families. You will be able to manage a complex and diverse caseload to the required standards.
As an Advanced Practitioner will be confident in their analysis and decision making to deliver purposeful and effective social care. You will be skilled in supervision, performance management and improvement techniques to ensure high quality of practice.
This role will require the candidate will have a strong desire to develop social work expertise to support the Children's Trust with its improvement journey.
The Childrens Trust was established in November 2020 to deliver Children's Services to the newly established North and West Northants County Councils. The Trust is wholly owned and funded but operationally independent from the Councils. This provides the organisation with unique opportunities to explore new ways of working and to be more
agile and adaptable in its approach to service delivery. We are developing a culture that allows the very highest quality of professional practice to flourish, delivering at the cutting edge of new innovation.
What we offer
- Highly competitive salaries
- £6,000 welcome bonus
- Retention bonus
- Social Work England registration costs
- Flexible working practices, including home working, flexi time and job share
- The opportunity to personally contribute to improving the service
- Monthly high quality supervision
- Up to 27 day's annual leave plus bank holidays (with service rises to 32 days plus bank holidays)
- Opportunity to buy back up to 5 weeks of additional holiday each year
- Subsidised local authority Pension Scheme
- Additional 12 weeks of maternity leave at 50%
- Employee discount schemes
- Up to £8,000 relocation allowance
- Signs of Safety training
- An onsite academy delivering a variety of learning & development opportunities
- Heavily subsidised city centre parking
- Regular engagement opportunities with the CEO