Opus People Solutions on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council are looking of a Site Facilities Officer to join Property Management Team.
This is a full time role. Might become permanent for the right candidate.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure that all our accommodation facilities at non-school operational properties are fit for purpose by ensuring the productivity and capacity of the Service and positively contributing to the image of the entire organisation.
Oversee and carry out small building repairs and servicing, cleaning, waste management, security and grounds maintenance at non-school properties throughout the county (In line with Health and Safety Legislation).
- Work closely with the Property Services and Facilities Management (PS&FM) helpdesk and external Service Providers to ensure timely and appropriate reporting and completion of all scheduled works and remedial repairs in accordance with Service Level Agreement, contractual requirements, specifications and the Council's Health and Safety and Quality Controls Procedures.
- To inspect, report and ensure the service level agreement (SLA) targets, contracts, Health and Safety standards and other relevant Council policies and standards are adhered to by external contractors. Reporting by way of the PS&FM Help Desk.
- Maintain the site buildings records including Health and Safety, maintenance manuals, drawings, logbooks, service reports and worksheets. Use the PS&FM Helpdesk to create new job requests, monitor progress and update the jobs as and when necessary.
- Deal with facilities requests raised by CCC customers in an appropriate manner and according to service level agreements (SLAs), taking action as appropriate by agreed procedures.
- Maintain a secure key handling service, ensuring keys are signed out to and recalled from contractors efficiently and expediently. A highly security conscious individual is required for this role.
- Civic duties and a Corporate Image are a highly important part of this role. A smartly dressed, polite, helpful and well-mannered individual with excellent communication skills is required to complement the existing team.
Education and qualifications
No formal qualifications
Key Skill Level 1: 1-4 GCSEs; NVQ Level 1; Building and Maintenance level 2, Microsoft literate (excel, email and word)
Any Health and Safety training related to the role would be advantageous.
Facilities / Building Related Subjects and Customer Care
Knowledge & Experience
Able to demonstrate delivery of service in a customer focussed environment
Experience of managing of Building & Facilities Maintenance in an Office environment.
Health and Safety Legislation awareness
Practical experience of Customer Care, Communications Skills, Oversight of cleaning, security, waste and grounds maintenance contracts
Experience of using Microsoft Office packages e.g.
Word, Outlook and Excel
SKILLS AND APTITUDES (Identify skill/aptitude & Describe)
Communication - Ability to deal effectively with Contractors and others involved in buildings maintenance, cleaning, security, waste management and grounds maintenance
Builds sound relationships face-to-face, via email and on the telephone and is able to establish a rapport easily by being approachable and managing the relationship well.
Smartly attired at all times with an eye for detail and aptitude to learn a variety of new skills.
The post holder will need to be flexible as the role requires a considerable amount of travelling between sites in Cambridgeshire (vehicles will be provided). The Post Holder must have a UK driving licence.