Title: Senior Reviews Officer
Rate: £17.45 PAYE - £23.50 Umbrella
Location: Remote working - One day induction in Redditch BC office
Type: Temporary 12 weeks
Company: Redditch Borough Council
Opus People Solutions are working with Redditch Borough Council to recruit for a temporary Senior Reviews Officer to conduct reviews under S202 of the Housing Act 1996 on matters of suitability of all forms of accommodation and matters relating to ending of the main duty due to refusal of temporary accommodation, part 6 or private rented accommodation or acceptance of part 6 or private rented accommodation.
- Provide an effective service to end the main housing duty to households found to have breached the terms of their tenancy or license whilst in temporary accommodation.
- Conduct allocations (registrations) reviews under S166A of the Housing Act 1996
- Provide general support, guidance and assistance to staff dealing with temporary accommodation and interim accommodation, settled accommodation offers of social housing, and the private sector.
- Supporting the Manager to carry out senior level reviews and investigations, providing information, and working collaboratively on cases, where required, including providing information to internal and external partners and respond to solicitors and Ombudsman, as required.
- Actively support a learning culture. Initiate and deliver training on key legislation and case-law to other areas of the service.
- Recommend and advise on policy updates to reflect the changing nature of reviews and deliver appropriate training.
As a Senior Officer you will:
Provide vision, principles, and boundaries.
- Translate the strategy and principles of your manager/s into workable housing operations that are easily understood and followed.
- Align people towards purpose.
- Be forward looking and with a strong sense of purpose and priority, aligning people towards a purpose through information sharing freely and including people in planning and decision making, ensuring that colleagues understand the role they play in achieving excellence across the wider housing and other Council services and the impact that actions have on other parts of the system.
- Focus on motivation and inspiration. Visibly and transparently leading by good example, investing in development, and training that nurture a culture of responsibility, high mutual trust, honesty, and empowerment, while challenging and managing undesirable behaviours sensitively but firmly, fairly and effectively.
- Be adaptable to change. Seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement in performance in yourself, your team, and the wider Council, ensuring and helping others to recognise the need for change while maintaining vibrant and positive teams through the process who grow and build skills and competencies as a result.
- Manage risk through constantly scanning the environment and using performance management systems effectively to anticipate the future challenges and risks and develop strategies and skill sets to prepare for and address them.
For more information on this role please call 01473 558914