Title: Senior Public Health Commissioning Manager
Rate: £32.06 - £34.53 per hour
Location: New Shire Hall Emery Crescent Enterprise Campus, Alconbury Weald, Huntingdon
PE28 4YE - Hybrid (2 days per week in the office)
Type: Temporary until the 31st of March 2024
Opus People Solutions are working with Cambridgeshire County Council to recruit for a Senior Public Health Strategic and Operational Commissioner for Prevention and Health Improvement Commissioning. The ideal candidate would have responsibility for the delivery and transformation of Public Health commissioning of prevention and health improvement services to ensure that they make the maximum contribution to improving Public Health Outcomes.
This will include working strategically and operationally with internal and external stakeholders across Cambridgeshire County Council, Peterborough City Council, Integrated Care System, District Council and third sector. It will also involve engaging with local communities and service users as well as leading on defined commissioning activity.
- To take responsibility for all commissioning intentions and activity for the delivery, planning and transformation activities relating to prevention and health improvement This includes robust needs analysis, public health evidence review and interpretation, data interrogation, service specifications, procurement, any related governance, delivery against service key performance indicators and transformation projects.
- To develop and lead a multidisciplinary commissioning team that includes Public Health staff, local authority staff and partners where required in undertaking significant engagement, continuous market testing/development and management, and provide strong evidence bases to establish whether the experience of customers and the wider community of commissioned provision can be improved and/or better outcomes achieved. In doing so, identify how demand can be managed, and/or costs reduced through adopting different commissioning approaches and/or delivery models.
- Lead the senior commissioning managers to ensure resources are allocated in a way which meets the preventative and health improvement needs, including the statutory/mandatory service requirements. This will include ensuring the team is operating within legislative requirements, adhering to corporate procurement policies and contract regulations of both councils. Ensure that commissioning priorities across the service are embedded and delivered.
- To report as appropriate to Senior Officer boards and relevant committees/cabinets to deliver strategic objectives in line with the appropriate governance frameworks. The role will have a significant responsibility to ensure all external partners, statutory organisations, voluntary sector, and Independent Sector are actively engaged in commissioning activity within the relevant portfolio area to ensure sufficiency of quality provision in the local area that achieve the defined commissioning principles, and outcomes.
- Oversee all relevant strategic commissioning activity in relation transformation requirements as a result of the integrated care system and the development of placed based approaches and adapt approaches to commissioning in alignment with the development of the Integrated Care System.
For more information on this role please contact 01473 558914