Peterborough City Council
Children in Care Team
We have a new role with a chance to join Peterborough Council who are offering Hybrid working where the sucessful candidate would be in office for supervision, team meetings and some meetings. As part of the role regular home and school visits would also be required.
1. To carry a workload, commensurate with qualification, experience and competency. Workload will be highly complex with a degree of autonomy with regular supervision.
2. To provide direct supervision to staff if and when necessary as directed by the Team Manager.
3. To work within the legislative and procedural framework of Peterborough City Council.
4. To work collaboratively with service users and their families to assess their needs and plan and deliver services commensurate with the service area
5. To be able to coach/mentor less experienced team member, as a Practice Educator.
1. To work collaboratively and sensitively with service users and their families.
2. To assist the Team Manager in the supervision responsibilities for Social Workers and any alternatively qualified staff as and when directed by the Team Manager.
3. Undertake timely assessments in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy, and procedures for the service with a high degree of efficiency.
4. Plan, implement and review services, actions and processes for service users in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy and procedures for the service.
5. Manage a caseload and engage in regular supervision and annual Personal Development Review with the line manager.
6. To act as a practice lead to other members of the team and contribute to the induction of new staff.
7. To act as a practice educator to ASYE's within the team.
8. To participate and lead in project and development work as required.
9. Maintain accurate and up to date records safely and confidentially in accordance with the Authority's policies and procedures.
10. To fulfil the requirements of registration with the HCPC in respect of conduct, professional development and National Standards.
11. Develop effective partnership working with colleagues in related teams/agencies both in terms of providing effective responses to service user's needs and the development of integrated services.
12. To carry out all duties in accordance with the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy and other policies designed to protect employees and service users from harassment. It is the duty of the postholder not to act in a prejudicial or discriminatory manner towards employees or service users. The postholder should counteract such practice or behaviour by challenging or reporting it.
13. To comply with all Health & Safety at work requirements as laid down by the Employer.
What we can offer you:
Flexible working hours
£400 'Golden Hello'* payment for new social workers,
Opus candidates hear about jobs first
Opportunity to apply for social work roles across the East of England
'Refer a Friend' bonus* - receive £250 for every qualified social worker that you refer who we successfully place