Remote - with travel for team meetings (London - Once per month) and to meet clients/stakeholders. Travel to the Huntingdon Head Office may be required on occasion.
Salary: £52,580 - £58,064 per annum
Job Type: 37 Hours per week
Fixed term contract until March 2025 (with extension subject to future funding)
Are you looking to make a career move that matters? Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority are seeking a Contracts Manager with strong account management skills and construction experience to join the growing Greater South East Net Zero Hub (GSENZH) and help the government to deliver its net zero ambitions.
The Greater South East Net Zero Hub is mobilising to deliver a £52million residential housing retrofit scheme to 3,000 homes on behalf of 46 local authorities, procuring, contracting and managing delivery.
As Retrofit Contracts Manager for the GSENZH you will be responsible for the ensuring contract deliverables are carried out to quality, cost and timescales, managing performance against financial goals and scheme objectives, problem solving and identifying solutions that align with organisational goals and contract obligations. This will include robust contract management of retrofit delivery partners, including, Managing Agents and Turnkey Providers, Framework Managers/Contract Administrators, Cost Control and Quality Assurance contractors.
You will work closely with the Programme Lead to allocate resource as appropriate to ensure retrofit/decarbonisation projects are successfully delivered to high quality and compliant with PAS2035, PAS2030 & MCS standards.
This is an exciting hands on role, as part of the Energy Efficiency team you will work closely with the Supply Chain team to increase local installer capacity and ensure quality assurance of suppliers on the Hub's Energy Efficiency Measures Dynamic Purchasing System. You'll be required to proactively assess situations and manage programme risks to make informed decisions that align with scheme objectives, communicating clearly with senior decision makers.
Using your experience of financial forecasting and cost control, you'll manage project finances and implement and oversee appropriate processes to ensure projects are delivered to budget.
This is an exciting time to join the Greater South East Net Zero Hub as they grow to meet the need of their stakeholders and help the UK reach Net Zero.
Funded by the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero, the Greater South East Net Zero Hub is one of five local Net Zero Hubs in England working to increase the number, scale and quality of local energy projects being delivered to transform our current energy system and reduce carbon emissions. Since 2018, the Net Zero Hubs have supported 200+ major net zero projects valued at over £4Bn including large scale solar, domestic retrofit and smart grids.
What will you need?
- Educated to degree level or substantial relevant experience.
- Experience in the construction sector with a track record of delivering property projects, including retrofit programmes.
- Strong contract management & commercial experience.
- Experience of engaging with high value, complex contracts to high level of customer satisfaction on time and within budget.
- Good practical knowledge of building regulations, codes of practice, PAS2030/2035, Trustmark, MCS and British Standards etc.
- Knowledge of health and safety and CDM within contract management.
- Experience of capital project financial forecasting and cost control.
- Understanding of procurement, experience of working with internal and external stakeholders in reviewing service offers and specifications that deliver quality services.
- Line management experience
- Preferably a professional qualification or working towards an appropriate to the role e.g. MCIOB, MRICS
What can we offer?
- 26 days annual leave (+bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Remote working (Travel will be required for team meeting in London once per month travel and to meet clients/stakeholders. Travel to the Huntingdon Head Office may be required on occasion)
- Competitive salary and Local Government Pension
- Comprehensive wellbeing package includes access to 24/7 employee assistance programme, mental health first aiders and monthly Mental Health & Wellbeing Meetings
- Family friendly policies, including flexible working and parental leave
- Access to the Cycle2Work scheme
- Payment of professional subscription fees relevant to your role (one per year, after passing your probation)
- Learning and Development opportunities to support your career progression
- Benefits Provider: we offer a range of Benefits through Vivup