Opus People Solutions are seeking a Registered Manager (Children's) in Cromer.
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and young people? Your role involves overseeing all care services, strategic planning for home development, and day-to-day management. You play a pivotal role in ensuring that each child receives the best possible care and support to achieve positive outcomes.
We welcome applications from experienced Deputy Manager's looking for a step up.
Your new employer:
Our client is a leading organization in child protection with a strong commitment to providing high-quality therapeutic childcare for children and young people who have experienced trauma and abuse. They believe in helping them heal, learn to cope with their past, and prepare for a brighter future. Their residential care services cater to children aged 5 to 18, their focus is always on the individual needs of each child, emphasising positive regard, building safe relationships, and providing comprehensive therapeutic support.
- Basic salary of £45,000 plus £5,000 welcome bonus and performance related annual bonus of up to 21% based on Ofsted ratings
- A great employee wellbeing and benefits programme
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Support from head office teams in HR, recruitment, L&D, IT and marketing
- Support from a skilled team of therapists, clinical psychologists, health and education professionals
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the quality of care and the progress of children within the home meet the highest standards, as defined by SCCIF, Children's Homes Regulations 2015, and Quality Standards.
- Enrich the lives of young people, helping them aspire to and achieve sustainable changes, positive outcomes, and a successful transition into adulthood.
- Manage child protection matters in accordance with current legislation, national standards, and best safeguarding practices.
- Supervise and support staff, facilitate training, and ensure the effective use of staffing resources.
- Provide outstanding leadership within the home, mentor and support the leadership team.
- Efficiently manage the home and maintain budgets while upholding high care standards.
You, a Registered Manager, will have:
- Level 3 or 4 in Children and Young Peoples residential work force (or equivalent)
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Children and Young People's Residential Management) or willing to work towards
- Minimum 5 years of leadership/supervisory experience in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and safeguarding procedures.
- UK Driving License.
Don't worry too much if your CV isn't up to date, apply now with what you've got and we'll go from there.