Back to jobs
Peterborough City Council
Qualified Social Worker (£42ph Ltd)
Family Safeguarding Team
- To carry a workload reflecting increasing complexity , risk, uncertainty and challenge, in line with the capability of a social worker with a minimum of one years post qualification experience in a social work role. Regular supervision will be in accordance with the departmental supervision policy.
- To work collaboratively with children, young people and families/carers to assess their needs and plan an deliver services in accordance with the social work teams service area
- To work within relevant current legislation and the procedural framework of Peterborough City Council
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with children, young people and families/carers and, through building effective relationships, to elicit their needs and views and promote participation in decision making.
- Undertake assessments in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy, and procedures for the service and in the context of assessing risk to children and young people.
- Plan, implement and review a range of interventions for children, young people and families/carers in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy and procedures for the service.
- Manage a workload independently, seeking support and suggesting solutions for workload difficulties.
- Make pro-active use of supervision to support effective practice, reflection and career development and to meet the objectives of Performance Development Reviews.
If this is something that would be of interest please apply below and we will be in contact