Are you an experienced Housing Officer looking for your next exciting contract?
Opus People Solutions on behalf of Redditch Council are looking for a Neighbourhood & Tenancy Officer to join the team for an initial 3-month contract.
This exciting opportunity is hybrid, working in the community within Redditch.
As a Neighbourhood & Tenancy Officer your role will include:
- Managing a portfolio of properties in defined neighbourhoods within the Borough
- Ensuring the management of tenancies and leases are managed promptly in strict accordance with legislation, policy, and procedure and with the highest degrees of integrity and professional standards
- Ensuring reports of anti-social behaviour (ASB) are responded to promptly and effectively and in compliance with and full use of legislation and take ownership of cases, planning, leading and co-ordinating multi agency responses where necessary
- Ensure that tenants are fully supported in securing priority managed moves, including but not limited to supporting applicants with making applications to join the Housing Waiting List and preparing comprehensive and evidenced reports for senior management approval.
- Attending viewings and sign-ups
- Ensure both yourself and your team maintain and share up-to-date knowledge of housing legislation including the Housing Acts, Localism, and anti-social behaviour.
The successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running and have the following:
- Solid experience of working within a Social Housing Service
- Sound knowledge of housing legislation, regulation, and policy in relation to the provision of tenancy, leaseholder and housing management services and its practical application in various circumstances
- Knowledge and experience of the provision of neighbourhood management services, including health & safety and contract monitoring
- Extensive experience of managing nuisance & ASB, including co-ordinating multi agency responses, preparation for applications to civil courts and making representation at court
If you want to be part of this fantastic team, then please apply now.