Are you looking to work for one of the top law firms in the area? This is the role for you. This firm have a solid heritage, and pride themselves on providing second to none service, every time.
They advise businesses, and individuals across the UK and internationally, with their reviews being a great testament to them as a firm.
The work is high profile, and most of which is complex. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious secretary to join their successful and growing team.
You will be working as an integral part of the team and will be working with the existing team of secretaries to support the lawyers in all aspects of their work.
We are looking for the right person for this role, someone who can support the lawyers and work part of a team effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Producing and amending documents with speed and accuracy
- Formatting, paginating, numbering and presenting documents
- Proof reading all work, checking for spelling and grammar
- Working proactively with colleagues to ensure documentation meets client expectations and deadlines
- Processing property searches, responding to search provider queries and collating/tracking results for lawyers to review.
- Managing the diaries of lawyers
- Processing expenses claims, payment requisition forms and returned advances
- Maintaining and updating accurate client and other contact details on our database
- Processing forms including new client forms, new matter forms, money laundering forms, training course booking forms and similar
- Ensuring that all electronic and paper filing is up to date and maintained at regular intervals
- Preparing narratives and bills and keep billing files up to date
- Carrying out photocopying and scanning as required
- Scheduling deeds and documents and making arrangements for their storage
- Assisting lawyers with their file management, including monitoring inactive files and dealing with file closing formalities.
- Experience as a Legal secretary
- Typing speed of at least 50 wpm
- Excellent spelling and punctuation
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to use discretion
- Excellent IT skills, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to team work
- Good telephone manne