Independence and Wellbeing Advisor Out Of Hours (EDS - Customer Service Advisor)
Pay: £13.69per hr plus 20% uplift working unsociable hours - between the hours of 12am and 6am
Location: Ipswich - office based only
Hours: 37 hours per week
Length: temporary 12 months with posibility of going temp to perm
Are you looking to start a career in Social Work?
Or are you studying for a qualification within Social Work and are keen to gain some employment knowledge alongside your studies?
Are you a passionate, motivated, resilient individual who would like a role that really makes a difference?
We are currently sourcing for several Independence and Wellbeing Advisors to join a large team of qualified professionals who will support and enable Suffolk County Council to fulfil its statutory duties to vulnerable adults, children and families. You would be working within Emergency Duty Service (out of hours calls)
As an Independence and Wellbeing Advisor you will be the first point of contact for social care enquiries relating to Suffolk residents, including Adult services, Children and Young People's services and Mental Health referrals. This will include, managing different contact channels (telephone, email, webchat), dealing with a diverse range of individuals with a variety of queries and demands of differing complexity.
Some contacts will be from vulnerable individuals, so successful candidates will be required to have the following attributes;
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service
- The ability to work within a pressurised target driven environment.
- Comfortable with dealing with sensitive information
- Passionate about Social Work & delivering
No day will be the same within this role, you will have to demonstrate strong resilience at times, work to strict deadlines and provide a high quality of service. However, this role will also bring career progression, highly rewarding role, helping make a difference and job satisfaction!
- Weekends, Evening & Night Shifts Available (this will include a variety of shift start and end times between 5-11pm, 6pm-12am and until 8am)
- Initially 12 weeks temporary with opportunity to apply for a permanent position after this time
- 12 month ongoing temporary contracts also available
Once you are successful in becoming a permanent member of the team and you will work directly for Suffolk County Council, and you will receive fantastic benefits like:
- Performance related annual pay progression, in addition to an annual cost of living pay increase
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Access to further training, formal qualifications, learning and career progression
- Access to a health cash plan to help to cover costs such dental, optical, physio etc.
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- Tax free bikes through cycle to work scheme
- Up to 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and two paid volunteering days
- Plus many more
Working as Independence and Wellbeing advisor you will gain valuable experience working with Adult and Community Service / Children and Young People Services, you will have an amazing opportunity to expand on knowledge, shadow other teams plus training sessions.
For more information or to process your application please apply now.