As an Income Officer for Cambridgeshire County Council through Opus Northamptonshire, your key prorities would be processing incoming payments, transferring income between accounts, identifying missing payments, bulk data input and responding to queries. The role is a full time position with 2 days working from home available at the moment- after initial training in Alconbury.
As a Income Officer to the council you will:
- Provide operational services within the Income Control team for LGSS. Responsible for ensuring that efficient, accurate and timely end-to-end processes are adhered to. Work as part of a team supporting your colleagues, mentoring Apprentices to a high standard.
- Respond to and resolve service requests and queries ensuring operational service priorities are met through ownership of the issue, adhering to agreed service standards and according to operational procedures.
- To process accurately and timely all payments received, through the various bank statements currently in operation, processing cheques, ABC Payments, Giro's as well as processing refunds as required.
- Take responsibility and ownership on areas of the service where improvements could be made by making recommendations and implementing agreed changes to improve efficiency.
- To take responsibility for DD set up/collection/maintenance, customer maintenance/set up, interfaces, Credit memos.
- Work collaboratively on projects that support developments and improvements for the Transactions Service in a professional and positive way including supporting system implementations including conducting system testing and delivering training to staff on new system processes.
- Manage own workload, processing high quality information / data accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate awareness / understanding of equal opportunities and other people's behaviour, physical, social and welfare needs.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of ERP together with cash management systems such as ICON to process income, although training will be provided. A background in income processing with experience of customer service/Accounts Receivable would be beneficial.