37 hours Monday-Friday
Civic Offices Milton Keynes MK9 3EJ
Temporary contract until the end of January, office based with option to work from home on Fridays.
Opus People Solutions are recruiting on behalf of Milton Keynes City Council for an Executive Assistant to provide a full secretarial service to the Leader & Executive of the Council, which ensures the efficient and effective management of their activities.
- To plan and manage the diaries and activities of the Leader & the Executive of the Council, ensuring that they are fully prepared with appropriate documentation and transport.
- To ensure issues and progressed actions raised through meetings, general contact and complaints are progressed with the relevant Officer/s, Members, and other stakeholders within agreed timescales.
- To act as first point of contact for the Leader & Executive of the Council, filtering and managing enquiries made by telephone, e-mail or any other method and that responses given comply with corporate standards in relation to quality and timeliness.
- To make travel and accommodation arrangements for meetings or visits to other authorities / organisations.
- To manage the organisation of meetings with other Members, Chief Officers, departmental staff, and external organisations and to attend and take minutes, as required. To set up interviews with local press, as required.
- To undertake individual projects for the Leader & the Executive of the Council, and to contribute to service led initiatives and projects as required and specified by the Business Support & Civic Events Manager.
- To liaise and work closely with Group Political Assistants and Executive Assistants of the Chief Executive, Deputy Chief Executive and Directors, regarding meetings, actions, or projects.
- To work flexibly across the Directorate as required and undertake any other tasks and support to the Directorate as expected within the role, including assisting in the organisation of elections.