Community Based Income Collections Officer (Temporary)
Company: Opus People Solutions, on behalf of our client, Walsall Council
37 hours per week, full time position.
Work Arrangement: Hybrid, 3 days working from home, 2 days working at Civic Centre, Walsall Town Centre.
Location: Walsall, UK
Salary: £12.38 per hour
Opus People Solutions is partnering with Walsall Council to recruit a Community Based Income Collections Officer. This temporary, full-time position offers a hybrid work arrangement, allowing you to contribute to the financial well-being of the community while enjoying flexibility in your work environment.
- Accurate and Timely Financial Transactions: Ensure the precise and timely processing and validation of financial transactions related to community-based charging. This includes the reconciliation of client accounts.
- Maximise Community-Based Income: Collaborate with senior officers to maximise and secure community-based income owed to the Council. Take effective and timely recovery actions, including issuing contribution notifications to clients.
- Data Integrity: Make effective use of corporate and department systems to maintain the integrity of data within the systems.
- Customer-Focused Service: Assist in providing a cost-effective, customer-focused service. Work closely with customers and colleagues to ensure their needs are met.
- Objective Achievement: Contribute to achieving team objectives and targets.
- Continuous Improvement: Support and work with colleagues in the continuous review of financial systems and processes. Contribute to the development of new and improved ways of working.
- System Administration Support: Assist in system administration processes as appropriate.
- Integrated Approach: Support an integrated approach by working across the service as designated.
Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience in finance administration is beneficial but not essential.
- Background in adult social care and finance is advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in financial transactions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and contribute to team objectives.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet changing priorities.
To apply, please submit your CV