Job Title: Commissioning Officer
Location: Hybrid Role - 3 days WFH and 2 days office based at One Angel Square, Northampton
Rate of Pay: £15.50 PAYE or £20.15 Umbrella
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 37 hours per week
Type: Temporary Role - 12 weeks+
Opus People Solutions are working with West Northamptonshire Council to recruit for a Commissioning Officer.
The Commissioning Team has two key market areas of focus in relation to its commissioning and contracts monitoring:
- Inclusion services
- Older people services
The post holder will support the commissioning of services that are aligned to the Council's strategic priorities. You will support the development of services, and contribute to the needs analysis, commissioning, market testing, and review of all adult social care commissioned services.
- To utilise knowledge of client groups, markets and commissioning processes to contribute to the commissioning of services that meet the social care needs of the local population
- To lead on the benchmarking, market and provider research, review of legislation and policy to support commissioning activities and identify best practice and potential efficiencies
- To liaise with a range of council colleagues including financial, legal and procurement teams to support routine commissioning processes
- Contribute to the development and implementation of engagement activities to gather regular feedback and input from individuals, families, carers, local communities, service providers and other key stakeholders to support the identification of service gaps, developments and unmet needs to inform the decommissioning, redesign and commissioning of services
- To be the first point of contact in relation to providing advice, guidance and resolution to issues and queries in relation to our commissioned services, including contractual requirements, provider payment issues and voids management.
- Work with colleagues in Business Support and Business Intelligence teams to co-ordinate the collation and analysis of information relating to contract performance, management and costs and use this information to produce reports to enable the monitoring of performance against contracts and key performance indicators.
- To contribute to the reviewing of commissioned services including writing reports on service performance
- To work on projects and programmes applying project management principles as required
- Actively challenge and seek to eliminate any directly or indirectly discriminatory practice or behaviours.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of other people's behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs and ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons.
- Experience of planning, collating and analysing data to produce reports, strategies and business cases
- Experience of partnership working and collaboration
- Experience of health or social care commissioning and procurement
- Comprehensive understanding of key legislation, national policy and developments in relation to adult social care and health
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Information Governance and Data Protection
- Broad knowledge of project/programme management techniques and tools
- Understanding of the duties of adult social care, health and housing in relation to commissioning and provision of services
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels including with partner organisations, councillors and service users
- Ability to analyse, think innovatively and solve problems
- Demonstrate effective use of Office 365 (incl. Teams, OneDrive, etc.) or willingness to undertake training during the probation period.
- Able to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint to create and present quantitative and qualitative information effectively
For more information or to process your application for this role, please apply online now.