Catering assistant - Desborough
Hours: 08:00-16:30 working 5 days a week.
Rates: £9.59 plus enhancements for weekends.
Opus, on behalf of North Northamptonshire Council, is looking to recruit a catering assistant to work at our home in Desborough.
This role is to assist the cook in the duties of preparing and serving appetising and nutritional food/meals while maintaining a high standard of quality and hygiene.
- To assist the cook in all preparation of food in readiness for cooking or serving.
- Prepare the dining area for residents and assist in serving food at mealtimes.
- Wash, clean and tidy up serving utensils, kitchen and serving areas.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene in the kitchen and eating areas.
- Ensure residents well-being and dignity is preserved and that they are properly safeguarded.
- Report any concerns to the manager on duty.
- To carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description.
The skills and qualities we look for include:
- A basic understanding of the need for people to exercise choice and control, regardless of their vulnerability.
- Empathy, kindness and respect to residents and their families.
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as a team member
- Have an understanding of food hygiene and infection control.
In return for your commitment, we offer:
- Free training
- Holiday entitlement accrued while working
- Flexible working hours
- Opus candidates hear about jobs first
- Opportunity to apply for permanent positions as an 'internal candidate'