To undertake a comprehensive range of administrative duties to support the efficient delivery of services within Suffolk Youth Justice Service.
Processes and Procedures
To undertake a comprehensive range of administrative duties to support the efficient delivery of services within Suffolk Youth Justice Service
Communication and team working
- Contribute to team meetings.
- Contribute to internal or external communications, e.g. drafting various documents, creating promotional literature or presentations, this may include using PowerPoint, web-based tools etc.
- Provide advice to colleagues on routine procedures or policies including on-the-job training and explaining how to undertake specific tasks.
- Share knowledge and expertise to improve administrative processes across business support attending and participating in corporate reviews and meetings.
- Provide cover for team members.
- May act as champion or mentor for others in an agreed area e.g. HR Self Service, Web or Information Agents etc.
General Office Duties
- Provide an efficient administration, secretarial and/or financial support service, this may include supporting specific teams, meetings or groups. In some jobs this may also include audio typing services.
- Draft and send routine correspondence.
- Administer group email boxes.
- Maintain office records and filing systems, including electronic systems.
Level of Autonomy and Decision Making
- Work is predominantly covered by guidelines and procedures but you will be expected to use initiative e.g. when resolving enquiries or prioritising your work.
- You will report to a supervisor / manager who will be available for direction and guidance on more difficult problems.