Support & Safeguarding Children's Services Wellingborough
£42,882.00 to £44,911.00
Plus £6,000 Welcome Bonus
About the role
The safeguarding teams are working to focus on creative problem solving and keeping children and families together. There are 15 safeguarding teams, across Northamptonshire, each team consists of a Team Manager, Advanced Practitioner, who holds complex cases and supports 5 or 6 Social Workers and a Newly Qualified Social Worker within their team. We are supporting excellence in Social Work practice, with a signs of safety based approach, and clear personal development opportunities for the right candidates.
You will be an experienced qualified social worker, and have the commitment and passion to be at the forefront of delivering best practice and support to children and families. You will be able to manage a complex and diverse caseload to the required standards.
The Advanced Practitioner will be confident in their analysis and decision making to deliver purposeful and effective social care. You will be skilled in supervision, performance management and improvement techniques to ensure high quality of practice.
Both roles the candidate will have a strong desire to develop social work expertise to support the Children's Trust with its improvement journey.
The Childrens Trust was established in November 2020 to deliver Children's Services to the newly established North and West Northants County Councils. The Trust is wholly owned and funded but operationally independent from the Councils. This provides the organisation with unique opportunities to explore new ways of working and to be more agile and adaptable in its approach to service delivery. We are developing a culture that allows the very highest quality of professional practice to flourish, delivering at the cutting edge of new innovation.
What we offer
- Highly competitive salaries
- £6,000 Welcome Bonus
- Retention Bonus
- Social Work England registration costs
- Flexible working practices, including home working, flexi time and job share
- The opportunity to personally contribute to improving the service
- Monthly high quality supervision
- Up to 27 day's annual leave plus bank holidays (with service rises to 32 days plus bank holidays)
- Opportunity to buy back up to 5 weeks of additional holiday each year
- Subsidised local authority Pension Scheme
- Additional 12 weeks of maternity leave at 50%
- Employee discount schemes
- Up to £8,000 relocation allowance
- Signs of Safety training
- An onsite academy delivering a variety of learning & development opportunities
- Heavily subsidised city centre parking
- Regular engagement opportunities with the CEO