Are you an enthusiastic, commercially driven Solicitor looking for their next role?
Opus People Solutions have an exciting opportunity for Team Leader/Senior Solicitor - Contracts and Projects to join North Northamptonshire Council for an initial 6 month contract.
As a Team Leader /Senior Solicitor, you will:
- Manage all employees in the Contracts and Projects Team and service performance in accordance with Council procedures and objectives, particularly ensuring health and safety in the workplace and that principles of equality and diversity and the Council's other corporate values are embraced and underpin all work
- Contribute to, and manage, the development and implementation of Directorate and Council wide initiatives to deliver improvements across the Council
- Manage relationships with internal and external partners to support the delivery of efficient and effective services, with particular regard to data protection and information management obligations
- Manage the provision of legal advice and services to the Council to ensure that the implications of local government law are complied with and understood, including adequately representing the Council in courts and tribunals and overseeing reports, policy and legal advice given on behalf of the Directorate to Members and officers of the Council
- Respond to queries and calls promptly and professionally, using effective communication and engagement
The successful candidate must have:
- Solid experience working in a Local Authority
- Have a very strong commercial procurement background
- Be confident in giving advice in strategic management meetings
If this role is of interest to you then, please apply now.