Opus People Solutions are seeking multiple Support Workers (both full and part-time) for an important local social enterprise Leading Lives in Bury St Edmunds.
You will play a vital role in maximising individuals' independence and potential.
This is a role that is as rewarding as it is fulfilling and truly an opportunity not to be missed.
You will have:
- Appropriate qualification in Care at NVQ2 level or ability to gain with 24 months of joining, with an expectation of working towards a Health and Social care qualification.
Prior experience in working with people in a care setting, including the provision of intimate care, supporting complex needs and risk assessment.
- Awareness of diversity, advocacy, Person-Centred approaches, confidentiality and their application in this setting.
- This is a physical role involving the moving and handling of people. The post holder must be able to meet the physical demands of the role and comply with moving and handling regulations
This position is flexible hours wise, as Leading Lives will consider both part-time and full-time applications.
- Competitive company pension scheme, matching up to 8%
- Holiday entitlement that increases with service and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Business Mileage at 45p per mile
- Co-operative flexible benefits - cycle to work and staff discount schemes
- Weekend and bank holiday enhancements
- Comprehensive paid induction and training. Social care staff will achieve The Care Certificate (nationally recognised qualification)
- Career Pathway Scheme - promoting the opportunity for all staff to develop personally and professionally
- Free DBS
- Generous sleep-in rates
For further information, please don't hesitate to apply and we can discuss your options!