Opus People Solutions on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council is looking for an Asset Information Searches Assistant to join Huntingdon Highways Depot.
This is a full time, initially 6 months' assignment with possibility of extension.
Working from home available with one day per week in the office, however, initial induction and training will be conducted in the office: Highways Depot, Stanton House, Stanton Way, Huntingdon, PE29 6PY. One day training will be followed by few days in the office with more experienced colleague.
- Investigate and determine timely and accurate responses to Search Enquiries CON29 Required and Optional questions
- Provide support and guidance to colleagues and to deal with enquiries, concerns or complaints that require specific knowledge and expertise
- Support the preparation, maintenance and improvement of the highway records as directed to ensure that an accurate definitive record of the public highway exists, in both paper and electronic format
- Assist the Asset Information Searches Officers in the determination of the extent of highway boundaries and other supplementary questions for internal and external customers, either written or oral requests including site meetings as required
- Develop and maintain knowledge and contribute to regional and local developments relating to the service in order to ensure its continuing effectiveness
- Identify future development and areas of concern relating to the business area and work collaboratively with the management team and appropriate other officers to identify appropriate resolution or action
- Undertake effective monitoring to ensure that the delivery of the service meets the expectations and needs of the County Council and its communities, especially for those customers who are vulnerable or who have particular needs
- Work with the Asset Information Searches Officers to monitor and advise responsible managers on whether all necessary measures are incorporated in the service to minimise and mitigate any adverse impact on the environment and local communities
- Work with the Asset Information Searches Officers to develop effective internal and external partnerships and work with a range of stakeholders including other authorities and key organisations in Cambridgeshire in order to ensure that asset and records management is delivered with the maximum effectiveness and efficiency
- Liaise with Highways Service colleagues to develop and implement effective systems to deliver services that meet the needs of our customers
- Support the planning, organisation and implementation of systems and processes for the delivery of effective project management within the Highways Service
- Provide support for projects, initiatives and events ensuring active engagement by identified participants and ensuring that objectives are delivered within required quality, time and budget targets
- Assist in the review of plans, policies, reports and user guides as directed in order to ensure that they are current and fit for purpose
- Maintain and operate systems to ensure up to date information is collected and stored and identify areas where information is missing and report to the Manager with appropriate recommendations
- Assist, where required, with the preparation and implementation of new or updated processes or systems to ensure effective operation
What we can offer you:
- Holiday entitlement of up to 31 days per annum, pro-rata (including bank holidays) where applicable
- Permanent equivalent council pay rates offered from commencement
- Pension contribution from employer
- Flexible working hours
- Opus candidates hear about jobs first
- Opportunity to apply for permanent positions as an 'internal candidate'
- Gain experience to support permanent applications